|LIVE Online||(604) 628-5784 / firstname.lastname@example.org||Send Inquiry / Apply|
Ashton’s ICCRC Full Skills Exam Prep course is offered to prepare graduates of the accredited Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) educational programs for the membership examination.
Program strategies and activities include presentations with intensive interactive discussions and a simulated exam exercise with ICCRC sample questions, allowing students to review and recall knowledge in a collaborative environment.
Ashton College Immigration Consultant Diploma graduates receive a discounted fee for this course.
The ICCRC Full Skills Exam Prep Course is delivered LIVE Online. LIVE Online format uses the best webinar technology to provide an interactive classroom environment and connect the student to the instructor and their classmates for real-time discussions, material review, and question and answer sessions.
Click the link below to watch a short clip of a real webinar recording of the ICCRC Prep course. This video gives you an overview of how the course is delivered in the LIVE Online format.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of a high school diploma, 19 years or older at the start of the applicant’s program or course; and
- English Language Proficiency Requirements (please see Policy 1002).
For more details, please see our Admissions Policy (Policy 1001).
This course is offered delivered LIVE Online through face-to-face instructor-led webinars using Adobe Connect and Schoology.
April 16, 2018 – April 24, 2018
The ICCRC Exam Prep Course provides comprehensive coverage of the following topics:
- Hierarchy of Law and Courts including the Constitution and Citizenship Act;
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations and Applications;
- OP1 – Manual;
- Canada Case Processing Centres and Case Processing Pilot: Ottawa, Visa posts;
- Fee Schedules;
- Resident obligations/Citizenship;
- Permanent Resident Permit Class:
- Entrepreneur, Self-employed, and Investor Class;
- Federal Skilled Worker Class including Canadian Experience Class;
- Family Class (OP 2 & IP 2) and exceptions.
- Temporary Resident Permit Class:
- Visitors, students, and workers;
- Live-in Caregiver Category (OP14).
- Super Visa;
- Religious worker;
- NAFTA & GATT work permit;
- Work holiday permit and youth professionals;
- Open work permits;
- Provincial Nominee Program;
- Quebec immigration program;
- Immigration Refugee Board and its regulations:
- Refugee class and the New Refugee Determination System;
- Appeals and hearings at IRB;
- Pre-Removal Risk Assessment;
- Detention Reviews & removal orders;
- ENF 8: Deposits and Guarantees;
- Humanitarian and compassionate grounds;
- ICCRC Information and Code of Professional Ethics;
- ICCRC Complaints and Discipline Process;
- ICCRC – Practice Management Education:
- Client account;
- Client file management;
- Ethical practice;
- Retainer agreement.
- ICCRC Full Skills Exam – Sample Questions.
Ashton College uses Adobe Connect and Schoology to provide a set of software tools designed to help instructors and students connect and collaborate online. Students should have regular access to a computer, laptop or smartphone to access all class materials.
Students should have a webcam and headset, or a microphone and headphones to participate in webinars. High-speed internet access is also required. To view the full technical requirements for Schoology, please click here and to view full technical requirements for Adobe Connect, please click here. Make sure to run a test to ensure your device will run Adobe Connect. You may be required to install the Adobe Connect browser addin. If so, you will be presented with instructions to do so when you first access a meeting.
Adobe Connect mobile app is only available on Android and iOS. It is mandatory to run join an adobe connect meeting on a mobile device. Recorded sessions are not accessible via the mobile device app, students will need to use a desktop/laptop to view the recorded sessions.
Registration fees for this course are as follows:
- Ashton College IMCD graduates: $315
- Graduates of another accredited ICCRC educational program: $515