Ashton’s online Prep course is offered to prepare graduates of accredited Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) educational programs for the membership examination. Program strategies and activities include class presentations with intensive interactive discussions and a simulated exam exercise with ICCRC sample questions, allowing students to review and recall knowledge in a collaborative environment.
The ICCRC Full Skills Exam Prep Course is delivered through a live-online format, which allows students to participate from anywhere in the world while maintaining the interactivity of a traditional classroom. Using the best in webinar technology, students will be connected to the instructor and their classmates for real-time discussions, material review, and question and answer sessions.
Ashton College Immigration Consultant Diploma graduates receive a discounted fee for this course.
Click the link below to watch a short clip of a real webinar recording of the ICCRC Prep course. This video gives you an overview of how the course is delivered in the live online format.
Course Format and Duration
This course is delivered live online in an interactive format. Ashton College will use Adobe Connect to provide a set of software tools designed to help instructors and students interact and collaborate online in support of their academic work.
October 24, 2016 – November 1, 2016
The ICCRC Exam Prep Course provides comprehensive coverage of the following topics:
- Hierarchy of Law and Courts including the Constitution and Citizenship Act
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations and Applications
- OP1 -Manual
- Canada Case Processing Centres and Case Processing Pilot: Ottawa, Visa posts
- Fee Schedules
- Resident obligations/Citizenship
- Permanent Resident Permit Class
- Entrepreneur, Self-employed, and Investor Class
- Federal Skilled Worker Class including Canadian Experience Class
- Family Class (OP 2 & IP 2) and exceptions
- Temporary Resident Permit Class
- Visitor, Students, and workers
- Live-in Caregiver Category (OP14)
- Super Visa
- Religious worker
- NAFTA & GATT work permit
- Work holiday permit and youth professionals
- Open work permits
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Quebec immigration program
- Immigration Refugee Board and its regulations
- Refugee class and the New Refugee Determination System.
- Appeals and hearings at IRB
- Pre-Removal Risk Assessment
- Detention Reviews & removal orders
- ENF 8: Deposits and Guarantees
- Humanitarian and compassionate grounds
- ICCRC Information and Code of Professional Ethics
- ICCRC Complaints and Discipline Process
- ICCRC – Practice Management Education
- Client account
- Client File Management
- Ethical practice
- Retainer Agreement
- ICCRC Full Skills Exam—Sample Questions
Students should have a webcam and headset, or a microphone and headphones to participate in webinars. High-speed internet access is also required. To view the full technical requirements for Adobe Connect, please click here.
Users will have the option to install the Adobe Connect add-in which is not required to join a meeting as a host, presenter, or participant. It is needed to support screen sharing and PowerPoint (PPTX format) file sharing. Having the add-in will result in the meetings opening in a larger pop-out window rather than within a browser tab. The latest version can be installed on the Adobe Connect Downloads and Updates site.
Students can also access the webinars through their mobile or tablet device by downloading the Adobe Connect mobile app. To see a list of frequently asked questions with answers and detailed walkthrough guides, please click here.
Make sure to run a test to ensure your device will run Adobe Connect.
Students should have regular access to a computer, laptop or smart phone to access all class materials.
Registration fees for this course are as follows:
- Ashton College IMCD graduates: $315
- Graduates of another accredited ICCRC educational program: $515
More information regarding fees can be found on our fees webpage: