The Canadian Securities Course (CSC®) at Ashton College is the perfect preparation for writing the CSC® examinations and attaining your CSC® designation. The CSC® is the industry standard for those entering the financial services, and is used by serious investors across Canada.
The financial services industry is undergoing a massive change in Canada, creating exciting new career opportunities for professionals with recognized education and skills. For those just entering the financial services industry, the CSC® provides the knowledge and skills that employers demand. For those currently working in the industry, the CSC® will enhance existing skills and help students excel in their careers.
The CSC® designation is required by employers in the financial services industry. Examples of career opportunities include:
- Licensed mutual fund representative.
- Full-service investment adviser or discount brokerage investment representative.
- Bank and trust officer, financial planner, or mutual fund representative.
- Portfolio management, as an adviser or as a personal investor.
Why Take the CSC® at Ashton College
Instructor-led provides face-to-face interaction
Our faculty are all experienced industry experts
Receive a 10% discount on CSI registration and textbooks
Applicants must be:
- High school graduates or 19 years or older at the start of the
applicant’s program or course; and
- Proficient in English (please see policy 1002).
Course Formats and Duration
This course is delivered both in-class and live-online in an interactive format. Ashton College will use Adobe Connect to provide a set of software tools designed to help instructors and students interact and collaborate online in support of their academic work.
36 hours – 12 sessions, 3 hours each.
April 4, 2017 – June 20, 2017
- Weekly webinars, 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Every Tuesday for the total of 12 weeks
- The Canadian Investment Marketplace
- The Economy
- Investment Products
- The Corporation
- Investment Analysis
- Portfolio Analysis
- Analysis of Managed Products
- Working with the Client
The registration fee for this course is $649.
More information on fees can be seen on our Fees webpage: