- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person
- Have a valid Canadian social insurance number
- Be a resident of the province to which you are applying for student aid
- Be pursuing full-time studies as their primary occupation
- Not be in default of previous student loans or restricted from receiving student financial assistance due to an audit or other reasons
- Be able to demonstrate financial need based on a moderate standard of living as determined by federal criteria
- Maintain full-time status as a student.
All full-time Ashton College students who are residents of any province or territory except Quebec, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories may apply for any federal funding programs.
Canada Student Grant for Students with Dependents
Canada Student Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities
Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities
Canada-BC Job Grant (Please note, employers must apply for this grant)
The following provinces also offer their residents some provincial funding options for full-time studies:
BC – Student loans, BC Access Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities
Alberta – Student loans, Alberta Low Income Grant
Saskatchewan – Student loans, Saskatchewan Student Grant for Students from Low-Income Families, Saskatchewan Student Grant for Students from Middle-Income Families
 Quebec and Nunavut residents are not eligible for any of the federal programs, while Northwest Territories residents are eligible for the Canada Student Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities and Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities only.