Entry-to-Practice Exam (EPE) Prep Course Overview
Ashton’s RCIC Entry-to-Practice Exam (EPE) Prep course is offered to prepare graduates of the Graduate Diploma Program or an Immigration Practitioner Program (IPP) within the last three years, for the RCIC EPE examination.
The course is designed as a review of the body of knowledge established by the College of Immigration Consultants (CICC) for the new RCIC EPE examination.
The program includes presentations along with interactive discussions and a simulated exam exercise with sample questions, allowing students to review and recall knowledge in a collaborative environment. Students registered for this course have the option of purchasing practice exams. Full details as well as a discount coupon code will be provided upon registration.
The RCIC Entry-to-Practice Exam (EPE) Prep Course is delivered online. The online format uses the best webinar technology to provide an interactive classroom environment and connect the student to the instructor and their classmates for real-time discussions, material review, and question and answer sessions.
The RCIC Entry-to-Practice Exam (EPE) Prep Course provides comprehensive coverage of the following topics:
- Canadian Immigration Policy, Legal Research and Informatics
- Administration Law and Advocacy
- Temporary Residents
- Labour Market Assessments
- Federal Economic Classes
- Provincial/Territorial Programs
- Family Class
- Humanitarian and Compassionate Applications
- Citizenship Requirements and Processes
- Refugees and Protected Persons
- Immigration and Refugee Board
- Administrative Tribunals
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Case Management, Business Management, Leadership and other competencies
Continuing Professional Development
- For British Columbia Lawyers, consider including this webinar as a CPD learning activity in your annual Continuing Professional Development plan as it has been approved by the Law Society of British Columbia
- For Alberta lawyers, consider including this course as a CPD learning activity in your annual Continuing Professional Development Plan
- For Manitoba Lawyers, consider taking this course as part of your professional development activities
- For Newfoundland & Labrador Lawyers, consider taking this course as part of your professional development activities
- For Nova Scotia Lawyers, consider taking this course as part of your professional development activities
- August 21, 2023 – September 6, 2023
- Webinars will be held Mondays to Fridays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm PST
The registration fee for this course is: $599
Students registered for this course have the option of purchasing practice exams from Emond Exam Prep at a substantially reduced cost. Full details as well as a discount coupon code will be provided upon registration.
Live Online Students
Ashton College offers education for all students with a unique online learning approach. A synchronous learning component provides real time interaction and immediate feedback. We use real time interactive sessions, breakout rooms, and screen-sharing. An asynchronous learning component allows students to work at their own pace. Our asynchronous learning materials include recorded real time lectures, online readings, and discussion forums. We encourage students, if possible, to use both components so as to enjoy interactivity and community of real-time learning as well as studying at their own pace. This approach ensures students have support and resources to achieve their educational goals.
For synchronous sessions, students need to have a fully functional computer system with a webcam, speakers and microphone or headset and headphones, along with a reliable high-speed internet connection. Though the classes can be accessed using smartphones and tablets, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer for a better learning experience.
This program/course does not require approval by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Post-Secondary Education and Future Skills. As such, PTIB did not review the program/course.