Alex Nikotina, " />
post banner image

New Travel Regulations in Canada: eTA

By: Alex Nikotina,Rica Zara

Published On: March 15, 2016

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is introducing new traveling regulations for visa-exempt foreign nationals.

Starting on March 15, 2016, individuals who do not require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) will need to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) in order to board a flight to Canada. Having an eTA will be mandatory for any air travel, including transiting through the country. This will give government a chance to examine individuals for admissibility prior to their arrival to a Canadian port of entry.

Check out the infographic below to find out more about the changes in Canadian traveling regulations!


By entering your email below, you agree to receive articles from the Ashton College blog. We will not send you promotional materials or any other information. You can unsubscribe at any time.


    View All Comments

  1. […] The eTA costs CAD $7 and is valid for 5 years (or until the passport expires). Individuals need to fill a simple form with their name, passport number, email address and a few simple questions. Most eTAs are approved within minutes of application. For more information about the eTAs, please see the eTA infographic. […]

  2. […] valid for a duration of 5 years. Most applications are approved minutes within applying. Check out our infographic for more information about the eTA requirements and […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Submit Enquiry Form