Ashton College is currently looking for an experienced, outgoing and results-oriented Web Content Writer / Specialist. You really enjoy writing – articles, blogs, social media, press releases, white papers, web pages – you have a way with words and craft compelling and effective messaging that contributes to a company’s growth and visibility in the marketplace. You have an advanced understanding of SEO principals and understand how content is managed through all marketing mediums. The success of this position is measured on organic traffic growth, website conversions, ad conversions and email metrics.
You have a degree or diploma in PR, communications, journalism or marketing and 5+ years of experience with a PR agency or within a communications team. You have a vision for how to get an organization noticed and a knack for understanding technology. We need a self-starter who can juggle multiple demands at once and can create an effective communication plan, ensure our materials are fresh and will get us noticed by our target market.
This is a full-time permanent position. The successful candidate will work Monday-Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm at our Head Office located in Burnaby, BC.
What You’ll Do:
• Have a solid understanding of our target market and develop a communication strategy that reflects its needs;
• Develop a communication strategy that will increase our organization’s awareness, drive organic traffic on our website and social media platforms;
• Write blog posts, articles, email campaigns, website content and social media content;
• Design and implement a PR strategy that gets our name in the news often;
• Create newsworthy content and pitch stories to media contacts;
• Co-ordinate media requests with the Director of Marketing and other key staff members;
• Develop and/or execute specific social media activities across various platforms;
• Work closely with other team members to review and improve social engagement;
• Ensure developed content supports SEO, ad buys, web conversions and qualified lead conversions;
• Measure the success of content and provide monthly reports
• Support other marketing activities as required.
Who you are:
• 5+ years’ experience creating and writing compelling content (blogs, editorials, social media content). Experience writing on education sector is an asset
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in Marketing, Creative Writing, Communications, PR, or relevant field
• Strong writing skills with a passion for storytelling
• Advanced understanding of SEO principals and lead conversion strategies
• Proficiency with content management systems including, but not limited to, WordPress
• Basic knowledge of html to update web pages
• Experience with Google Analytics
• An eye for detail, excellent grammatical skills and ability to develop and edit content
• Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what our readers want and how to create it
• Flexible, resourceful and organized
• Able to work within a team as well as independently
• Previous experience in marketing, journalist, PR is an asset
• Understanding of marketing and communication strategies and how targeted content can fulfill business goals
Why work here:
Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, Ashton College is one of the leading career colleges in Canada with campuses in Vancouver, Abbotsford and our programs are also offered LIVE Online across Canada. We pride ourselves on our unique culture, consisting of impressive team members from all walks of life working together to contribute to the amazing growth we’ve seen. With tons of opportunities to grow, we’re looking to hire talented people (like you!) to join our team.
Do you have the skill-set we seek and are you up for the challenge we offer? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Attractive compensation for this opportunity exists for the right person.
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter immediately for consideration as we aim to fill this position as quick as possible.