Ashton College is currently looking for instructors who are engaging, interactive, and confident using and adapting to new technologies to deliver live online courses using synchronous and asynchronous learning activities to online students that are located in Canada and other parts of the world.
Ashton College offers a series of courses that address all of the major aspects of Home Inspection. Each course describes the functions of systems and components, details the possible non-performance issues and their causes and implications, and includes inspection and testing strategies to help identify issues in the field. These courses are intended to prepare students for the CHIE (Canadian Home Inspection Examinations) as run by the HIABC (Home Inspectors Association BC).
- Prepares and facilitates learning activities (i.e. live webinar presentations, online discussions and assignments, etc.) that are designed to help students meet their learning objectives
- Fosters a productive and collaborative online learning environment
- Logs in daily to Google Classroom to interact with students or monitor course activity
- Fluent in English
- Exceptional communicator (both verbal and written)
- Certificate or Diploma in Home Inspection and a licensed BC Home Inspector
- Two years of experience in the Home Inspection Industry and teaching/training experience
- In-depth knowledge of the topics of the course(s) that you would like to teach
- Must have a reliable high-speed internet connection, high-quality webcam/microphone and meet the technical requirements (as required by the college)
- Experienced in teaching online courses (an asset)
Desired Skill Set of Online Instructors:
- Understanding of how to utilize online technology
- Experienced with facilitating or participating in virtual meetings
- Confident, personable and engaging presenter
- Ability to plan engaging and interactive synchronous and asynchronous learning activities
- Able to set aside adequate time to teach the course and interact with their students
- Willingness to participate in further training in order to become an excellent online instructor
- Personable instructor who is dedicated to training young professionals
- Google Certified Educator 1 and/or Google Certified Educator 2 (an asset)
This is a contract position. The length of each contract position is determined by the length of the course that the instructor is teaching.
It is recommended that you read Teaching at Ashton before applying.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please complete the application form below. If you experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please email all of the required information and documentation to email@example.com.