Accredited by the ICCRC, this program allows our graduates to meet the educational requirements of becoming a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant. The Immigration Consultant Diploma (IMCD) program is designed to equip individuals with knowledge about immigration law and policy, immigration classes and temporary status, refugees and rules of professional conduct, and to apply these principles practically.
Ashton College is currently looking for instructors who are engaging, interactive, confident and adaptable.
- Prepares and facilitates learning activities (i.e. lectures, presentations, discussions, assignments, and examinations) that are designed to help students meet their learning objectives
- Fosters a productive and collaborative learning environment
- Interacts regularly with students and monitors course activity
- Provides detailed feedback to students regarding their performance on all graded activities
- Fluent in English
- Exceptional communicator (both verbal and written)
- Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant or Immigration Lawyer with five (5) years of hands-on industry experience
- ICCRC member in good standing/member of Provincial Law Society
- Teaching/training experience (or related experience)
- Knowledge of the inner workings of Canadian immigration
Desired Skill Set of Instructors:
- Experienced with facilitating or participating in meetings
- Confident, personable and engaging presenter
- Ability to plan engaging and interactive learning activities
- Able to set aside adequate time to teach the course and interact with their students
- Ability to evaluate all assignments/quizzes/exams and enter marks into our Student Information System (SIS)
- Willingness to participate in further training in order to become an excellent instructor
- Personable instructor who is dedicated to training young professionals
This is a contract position. The length of each contract position is determined by the length of the course that the instructor is teaching. Individuals will teach at our downtown Vancouver campus.
- Full-time courses require twenty (20) hours of instructional time per week. Classes typically take place Monday to Friday mornings, 8:30pm – 12:30pm.
- Part-time courses require twelve (12) hours of instructional time per week. Typically, classes are taught two weekday evenings per week, 6:00pm – 9:00pm, and Saturdays, 9:00am – 4:00pm.
It is recommended that you read Teaching at Ashton before applying.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please complete the application form below. If you experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please email all of the required information and documentation to email@example.com.