Ashton College is currently looking Financial Licencing Prep Courses Instructors who are engaging, interactive, confident using and adapting to new technologies.
The prep courses that AC offers are:
· The Canadian Investment Funds Course (CIFC) provides students with in-depth knowledge of mutual funds. This course is delivered in partnership with the IFSE Institute. (Live Online – 33 Instructional Hours/term)
· The Canadian Securities Course (CSC) at Ashton College is the perfect preparation for writing the CSC examinations and attaining your CSC designation. The Canadian Securities Course is the industry standard for those entering the financial services and is used by serious investors across Canada. (Live Online – 36 Instructional Hours/term)
· The Life Licence Qualification Program (LLQP) is the first step to applying for a life insurance licence. The LLQP course at Ashton College allows you to learn from industry professionals with years of experience in their field. (Live Online – 21 Instructional Hours/term)
You can apply to teach one of these courses or all of them depending on qualifications you have.
1. Prepares and facilitates learning activities (ie. webinar presentations, online discussions and assignments, etc) that are designed to help students meet their learning objectives.
2. Fosters a productive and collaborative online learning environment.
3. Provides detailed feedback to students regarding their performance.
4. Fluent in English.
5. Exceptional communicator (both verbal and written).
6. LLQP or CSC or CIFC licence
7. Any other certifications or degrees are an asset but not mandatory
8. Teaching/training experience.
9.Must have a reliable high-speed internet connection, high quality webcam/microphone.
Desired Skill Set of Online Instructors:
11. Understanding of how to utilize online technology.
12. Experienced with facilitating or participating in virtual meetings.
13. Confident, personable and engaging presenter.
14. Ability to plan engaging and interactive learning activities.
15. Able to set aside adequate time to teach the course and interact with their students.
16. Ability to evaluate student performance
17. Willingness to participate in further training in order to become an excellent online instructor.
18. Personable instructor who is dedicated to training young professionals.
This is a contract position. The length of each contract position is determined by the length of the course that the instructor is teaching.
All the Courses are part-time and require 3 hours of instructional time per week.
Webinars typically take place in the weekday evenings between 4pm and 8pm PST.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please complete the application form below. If you experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please email all of the required documentation to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in working at Ashton College!