Ashton College is looking to expand its current pool of in-class QuickBooks faculty. The course provides hands-on instruction on how to set up QuickBooks for use as a system for small businesses. Among other things, students will learn how to create company files, and deal with more advanced tasks for receivables, payables, inventory and payroll.
Instructors are responsible for fostering a productive and collaborative learning environment that provides students with the opportunity to gain the knowledge they require to take the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User Examination.
- Fluency in English
- Must be an Intuit® QuickBooks Certified User (QBCU)
- At least 3 years of recent experience using QuickBooks
- A minimum of 3 years’ teaching/training experience
- Exceptional communicator (both verbal and written)
- Skilled in planning, organizing, delivering, and evaluating specific instructional content
- Confident, engaging, enthusiastic, and dynamic presenter
- Passionate about fostering relationships with students
- Provincial Instructor Diploma (an asset)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and conducts lesson plans and learning activities to meet the learning outcomes as set by the course outline
- Developing, administrating and grading assignments and examination
- Fostering interaction amongst students
- Providing students with additional resources and support
- Responding to basic inquiries from students
- Entering student grades into the Student Information System
- Other related duties, as and when required
This is a contract position. The length of each contract position is determined by the length of the course that the instructor is teaching. Individuals will teach at our Downtown campus, located at 1190 Melville Street, Vancouver.
It is recommended that you read Teaching at Ashton before applying.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please complete the application form below. If you experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please email please email your cover letter, resume, and copies of your academic and professional credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in teaching at our College.