Ashton College is currently looking for engaging, interactive, confident, and adaptable instructors in the Dental Assistant Program. This is a contract position. The length of each contract position is determined by the length of the course that the instructor is teaching. Individuals will teach at our Abbotsford campus.
- Delivering instruction that meets module and program objectives as set out in the curriculum
- Evaluating student performance fairly and consistently
- Contributing to the development of curriculum and instructional materials
- Supporting the administrative functions of the campus to enhance the student experience
- Acting in a manner that upholds the College standards
- Participating in College and Program Activities
- Monitoring and reviewing students during practicum and/or clinical placements, as program requires
- Degree or diploma from a recognized University or College in a relevant discipline
- Two or more years’ experience in a related field
- Certified Dental Assistant with current license at CDSBC
- A completed or in progress credential in adult education and/or teaching experience is preferred.
- Satisfy specific position qualifications as prescribed in program design and program approval for the instruction of the courses.
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction, including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement
- Interest in pedagogical and multi-modal education approaches an asset
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation
- Ability to motivate and inspire students
- High standards of behaviour, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors and staff
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of students, to provide feedback and treat students equitably
- Learn and use technology to enhance the student learning experience
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume as well as academic and professional credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Thank you for your interest in teaching at our College!