37 thoughts on “ICCRC: Changing the Requirements for Immigration Consulting Programs

  1. I am interested in taking up the course. I finished a Bachelor’s degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management in the Philippines. What kind of proof should I secure from my school in the Philippines as part of admission at Ashton? Thank you

  2. Dear Concern Authority,
    Could u please tell me why after 3 years completion of the diploma of Immigration Consultant program is not validate in order to sit for the license exam. Student spent lot of money for this diploma certificate. Might be any reason some student can’t sit for the license exam in time. This rule is not good for the students. ICCRC should thought positively about this issue.

    • Hi Siddhertha,

      ICCRC has set education requirements to ensure that students are well-prepared under the most current immigration law. However, there are still options to do the license exam for those who have waited for over 3 years after their program. Please see the ICCRC registration guide for more information:

      Here is the excerpt from page 11:
      “If you have successfully completed an accredited immigration practitioner program more than three years ago, your OFFICIAL academic transcript must be accompanied by an ORIGINAL academic letter of standing issued by an educational institution currently accredited to offer the immigration practitioner program confirming that, in the educational institution’s opinion, you are deemed to be academically comparable to a current year’s graduate from that institution’s immigration program. Depending on how long ago you originally graduated, you may need to complete one, two or more refresher courses in order to receive the letter. Refresher training may consist of completing a number of challenge exams or enrolling in a new updated course and completing a new exam. Please note that the letter of academic standing is valid for one (1) year only and does not re-extend the academic validity period of your documents by three years.”

      Hope this helps!

    • Hi Harmeet,

      Current language requirements for the ICCRC Full-Skills Exam are:
      – CLB 8 for English, and
      – NCLC 8 for French.

  3. Can a person not take the exam if they have had over 10 years experience doing immigration applications, ( no fee) and working with a immigration lawyer? i do not live close to any of the schools that offer the program, and online was too difficult ( i tried) as i was not close enough to do group projects or find books etc.

    • Hello Lucine,

      As per the ICCRC website, “Applicants are required to write and pass a Full Skills Exam (FSE) prior to being accepted into the Council”.
      The best way to learn about the process of becoming an RCIC is by contacting ICCRC directly. You can find their contact information here: http://iccrc-crcic.info/
      Hope this helps!

  4. Do I also have to register a business after passing the ICCRC test? What if I just want to work for sommeone else as an immigration consultant

    • Hello Francielle,

      Ashton College provides education approved and accredited by ICCRC. Unfortunately, we are not liable for advising public on the process of business registration or alternative paths of practicing immigration law.
      Please contact ICCRC to find out more about your request: http://iccrc-crcic.info/

      Best regards!

  5. Hi , i just finished my immigration consultant program but my status is concention refugee and my permanent resident is under process , is there any way i can do the exam to be regulated

    • Hello Mostafa,

      Ashton College provides education approved and accredited by ICCRC. Unfortunately, we are not liable for advising public on the process of becoming an RCIC.
      Please contact ICCRC to find out more about your request: http://iccrc-crcic.info/

      Best regards!

  6. Hi Staff, In ICCRC duide book there are mentioned two categories. First one is RCIC and second one is RISIA. In your article you have had only mentioned the changes and way to be get appear and or registered with IRCC couscous for RCIC. Please tell me about RISIA.
    Please advise to get RISIA certification along with RCIC, shall I need to appear in different course or the same immigration course will be consider for both the said exam? Are these two different exams with filling two different fees.

    • Hello Aatish,

      Thank you for your inquiry. As per ICCRC, RISIA is an International Student Advisor employed in the Education Sector. In order to become an RISIA one is required to write and pass an entry-to-practice exam (EPE) prior to being accepted for registration by the Council. This is NOT the same exam as an ICCRC Full Skills exam that one must take to become an RCIC.
      At the moment, Ashton College does not offer an academic program for becoming an RISIA.
      Please refer to ICCRC website for more information: http://iccrc-crcic.info/become-a-risia/

      Hope this helps!

    • Hi Nikita,
      Thanks for your comment. The IELTS requirements are as follows – an academic band score of 7.5 for listening, 6.5 for speaking, 6.5 for reading and 6.5 for writing. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Also of you need any assistance with preparing for ICCRC FSE exam then please get in touch with our admissions officer at admissions@ashtoncollege.ca. Good luck with the prep work for your exam.

    • Hello ML Gani,
      Thanks for your comment. Yes the English language requirement will be CLB 9 starting July 1, 2019.

    • Hi Smit,

      You will need to get a study permit to be able to take the Immigration Consultant Diploma Program, which will prepare you to take an exam at ICCRC.

      However, international students are not eligible to write the ICCRC exam until they obtain their Canadian Permanent Residency or Canadian Citizenship.

      Please contact our admissions officer at admissions@ashtoncollege.ca for further details.

  7. Are the ielts requirements are changing from the may 2019 ? . one of my friend is saying that from may 2019 we need to get 7 .0 band in each module .

  8. Hi, I am wondering if we can submit two language test results, for example two ielts’ passing four categories separately. Or it has to be one attempt to pass all four categories? And also, I have studied in university for 3 years but didn’t finish it, am I eligible for the program?

  9. I am 70 years old, retired businessman from the Philippines, graduated 4 years in Philosophy and 4 years in Theology. I got my PR last year 2018. I want to help Canada get good immigrants from my country, the Philippines. How many months or years will it take to be an RCIC if I enroll part time online with Ashton College’s Immigration Consultant Diploma program?

Leave a Reply to Maria Bychkova Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *