At Ashton College, we are excited to help you build your career. Through partnerships with different organizations, we are able to provide access to different positions. Take a look at available job postings in your field!
The Operations Assistant (OA) will support the operations team to carry out the day to day functions of the quotations and procurement department. The OA will have both direct and indirect contact with all customers, external and internal. Your primary responsibilities will be to provide information to inquiries on our lighting products and services. OA will also be responsible for providing quotes, technical specifications, and handling and resolving customer complaints, and purchasing.
Duties and responsibilities
• Send out bill of materials on customer inquiries. Update order status and stock.
• Handle customer calls and inquiries. No cold calling involved.
• Assist in sales and marketing efforts of the company.
• Check stock in the warehouse bi-weekly and place purchase orders with suppliers periodically and follow up on delivery.
• Record and update database CRM details for every inquiry and activity.
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent Communication Skills – Written, Verbal, Interpersonal, and Phone
• Ability to think analytically, with a focus on problem-solving & troubleshooting
• A flexible and strong team player that can work in a fast paced environment
• A self-learner with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Computer skills to manage correspondence and CRM database.
Working in an office/warehouse environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum 1 year of experience working in an office environment
Minimum Secondary School Completion (Required), preference will be given to candidates with education in a related field
Apply by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Accounting Technician– Centre of Excellence
BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking a Junior Technician beginning immediately within our Vancouver office. If you enjoy working with an entrepreneurial group of clients in completing compilations, tax returns and accounting tasks, then this role is for you. Apply now to be part of a dynamic and growing team!
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Preparation of working paper files, financial statements and income tax returns for compilation engagements.
- Completing bank reconciliations, personal tax returns, as well preparing other technical documentation.
- Completion of ongoing accounting analysis and bookkeeping assignments following established procedures.
- Responding to queries identified by other team members and updating files as required.
- Completing ad-hoc duties as required.
- Note the roles and responsibilities of this position will not including auditing work.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Completion of Secondary School and completion of a post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting.
- Quickbooks and/or Sage certification is an asset.
- Ability to understand basic accounting terminology.
- Ability to support a team within a busy work environment with changing priorities.
- Flexible to support client deadlines including working outside regular business hours.
- Ability to work as a team and independently.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and transcripts directly to the job posting on our website here: https://careersen-bdo.icims.com/jobs/6642/junior-accounting-technician—centre-of-excellence/job
If you have any questions, please reach out to the contact below.
Kelsey Dries, Campus Recruitment Specialist
604-688-5421 ext. 4751
Konkord Law Group Professional Corporation
543 Granville Street
Vancouver | BC V6C 1X8
Konkord Law Group is a recently formed professional corporation that specializes in Canadian immigration law and commercial law. Our organization is comprised of seasoned legal professionals that combine decades of legal experience in various areas of law. Our operations under the Konkord entity will formally commence on April 1st of 2019.
We are looking for a highly intelligent and capable legal assistant who can work under pressure with great attention to details on various immigration cases.
Legal Assistant – Immigration
Based on qualifications and experience
Terms of Employment:
Completion of a diploma or a certification program in legal field (immigration law focused programs preferred)
Immigration consultant diploma is a plus, ICCRC membership is a plus (not required)
At least one full year of working experience in legal field, client case management
Fluent in English is a must, great communication skills
Ability to work independently with little oversight
Can work under pressure of deadlines
Can manage multiple cases at the same time
Can take directions from our RCICs and lawyers and execute flawlessly
- Manage client immigration cases
- Communicate case requirements to clients and agents
- Collect client documents and information, compare against the requirements
- Prepare and submit full application packages
- Communicate with government representatives (IRCC, Service Canada, PNP Offices, etc.)
- Manage employer Labour Market Impact Assessment cases
- Work with employers on meeting the LMIA requirements
- Prepare documents and application forms
- Submit full application packages
- Learn the government requirements for various immigration programs
- Follow the established company procedures and continuously work on process improvements
Please send your resumes to Denis Korobov at email@example.com
Immigration Legal Assistant
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to join our growing business immigration practice in the downtown Vancouver office. We offer a competitive compensation package with salary, benefit and bonus opportunity.
About the Employer
Mathews Dinsdale Clark LLP is one of Canada’s pre-eminent workplace law firms, with lawyers representing employers in many of the cases that have shaped and redefined the landscape of workplace law in Canada since 1956. The firm has over 60 lawyers in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary and Halifax.
• Minimum of 1-2 years’ immigration experience an asset but willing to train the right individual
• Self-starter and be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Highly organized, be able to multi-task and prioritize
• Proactive, punctual, hard-working and efficient
• Exceptional computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must have basic to intermediate accounting skills; experience in Acumin system is an asset but not required
• Maintain a high level of accuracy and productivity in a fast-paced work environment
• Support 2 lawyers with their practice
• Prepare immigration forms
• Prepare first drafts, compile and submit various immigration applications including, but not limited to, Work, Study and Visitor Record Permits, LMIA, and Permanent Residence (EE, PNP, Spousal)
• Assist with drafting of legal documents and correspondence
• Ensure that applications are filed in a timely manner
• Maintain a Bring Forward system to ensure all deadlines are met
• Organize client files electronically, scan and save confidential client information and documentation
• Arrange translation of documents as necessary
• Prepare monthly client statement of accounts
• Other office administrative tasks as required
• Compensation: commensurate with experience
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Trisha Reid: firstname.lastname@example.org