|Vancouver||(604) 283-2028 / firstname.lastname@example.org||Send Inquiry|
|Online||(604) 628-5784 / email@example.com||Send Inquiry|
Ashton’s online Prep course is offered to prepare graduates of accredited Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) educational programs for the membership examination.
Program strategies and activities include presentations with intensive interactive discussions and a simulated exam exercise with ICCRC sample questions, allowing students to review and recall knowledge in a collaborative environment.
Ashton College Immigration Consultant Diploma graduates receive a discounted fee for this course.
The ICCRC Full Skills Exam Prep Course is delivered both in-class and online. In-class training is an intensive review class delivered over a weekend by our industry experts. Live-online format uses the best webinar technology to provide an interactive classroom environment and connect the student to the instructor and their classmates for real-time discussions, material review, and question and answer sessions.
Click the link below to watch a short clip of a real webinar recording of the ICCRC Prep course. This video gives you an overview of how the course is delivered in the live online format.
Applicants must be:
- High school graduates or 19 years or older at the start of the applicant’s program or course; and
- Proficient in English (please see policy 1002).
For more details, please see related Admissions Policy.
This course is offered both in-class and online.
- In-class: delivered from our Vancouver campus.
- Online: uses Adobe Connect and Google Apps to deliver interactive learning through live webinar sessions.
- April 22, 2017 – April 23, 2017 (8:30am – 5:15pm, with a 30-minute lunch).
- April 29, 2017 – April 30, 2017 (8:30am – 5:15pm, with a 30-minute lunch).
- April 18, 2017 – April 26, 2017
- July 17, 2017 – July 25, 2017
- October 16, 2017 – October 24, 2017
The ICCRC Exam Prep Course provides comprehensive coverage of the following topics:
- Hierarchy of Law and Courts including the Constitution and Citizenship Act
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations and Applications
- OP1 -Manual
- Canada Case Processing Centres and Case Processing Pilot: Ottawa, Visa posts
- Fee Schedules
- Resident obligations/Citizenship
- Permanent Resident Permit Class
- Entrepreneur, Self-employed, and Investor Class
- Federal Skilled Worker Class including Canadian Experience Class
- Family Class (OP 2 & IP 2) and exceptions
- Temporary Resident Permit Class
- Visitor, Students, and workers
- Live-in Caregiver Category (OP14)
- Super Visa
- Religious worker
- NAFTA & GATT work permit
- Work holiday permit and youth professionals
- Open work permits
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Quebec immigration program
- Immigration Refugee Board and its regulations
- Refugee class and the New Refugee Determination System.
- Appeals and hearings at IRB
- Pre-Removal Risk Assessment
- Detention Reviews & removal orders
- ENF 8: Deposits and Guarantees
- Humanitarian and compassionate grounds
- ICCRC Information and Code of Professional Ethics
- ICCRC Complaints and Discipline Process
- ICCRC – Practice Management Education
- Client account
- Client File Management
- Ethical practice
- Retainer Agreement
- ICCRC Full Skills Exam—Sample Questions
All in-class students should have regular access to a computer or a digital device to access all class materials.
Ashton College uses Adobe Connect and Google Apps for Education to provide a set of software tools designed to help instructors and students connect and collaborate online.
- Students should have a webcam and headset, or a microphone and headphones to participate in webinars. High-speed internet access is also required. To view the full technical requirements for Adobe Connect, please click here.
- Make sure to run a test to ensure your device will run Adobe Connect.
- Students should have regular access to a computer, laptop or smartphone to access all class materials.
Users will have the option to install the Adobe Connect add-in which is not required to join a meeting as a host, presenter or participant. It is needed to support screen sharing and PowerPoint (PPTX format) file sharing. Having the add-in will result in the meetings opening in a larger pop-out window rather than within a browser tab. The latest version can be installed on the Adobe Connect Downloads and Updates site.
Students can also access the webinars through their mobile or tablet device by downloading the Adobe Connect mobile app. To see a list of frequently asked questions with answers and detailed walkthrough guides, please click here.
Registration fees for this course are as follows:
- Ashton College IMCD graduates: $315
- Graduates of another accredited ICCRC educational program: $515